What shall be the Coverage of Pitch Deck for AAN?
AAN has a two-step process for evaluating proposals received.
Step 1: Internal team reviews the pitch deck presentation and it may be discussed with an investor member with relevant domain experience
Step 2: If shortlisted, the team is invited for an in-person presentation to investors
At the preliminary stage the review committee, as well as investors, is keen to understand if the concept addresses a real opportunity, revenue model, if the business case is strong, if the team is well rounded & competent & committed and the traction that the team has been able to achieve so far.
- Cover slide
- Company name and logo
- Contact details (city, e-mail, mobile)
- Web link
- One line that clearly describes the concept/product/service
- Provide photo, name, qualification, age and experience, achievement of each team member in short.
- Highlight what will each member of the team do in the venture, and why he/she is best suited for the role
- Indicate if the person is a co-founder or founding team member or an employee – against each, indicate the % of equity held (currently or planned if not yet distributed)
- What is the issue / pain point that your product / solution addresses
- Explain the pain pints and why your customers need your solution
- Mention what they are currently doing
- About Product
Explain about your product and how it solves the pain point and better than other traditional solutions
- Product / Technology Overview
Highlight the uniqueness of the product or service or technology and NOT the technical details of list of features of the solution
- Feature comparison
Compare the features of your product with that of other available products in similar segment.
- Business model / Revenue Model
- This is about how you will make money from this business opportunity.
- Explain the transaction process in short
- Explain the scalability factor of your business model
- Explain how customer gets monetary and non-monetary benefits from usage of your products.
- What is the size of the market opportunity?
- Place and Potential customers and how…
- How much the customer would pay
- Mention the size of the opportunity in the markets you are planning to address
- Explain Revenue potential and comparable rates at which services are provided by other players if any.
- Current traction
- What have you achieved so far – product, customers, revenues, etc.
- If you have, include photographs
- Unique about speaking about traction
- Competitive landscape
- Other Competitors and your plans to sustain and grow in competitions
- Explain why this is better than competition
- Testimonials and Awards
Anything that could better provide “social proof” that your product or service does what it says it does other than third-party testimonials. Testimonials from customers, professionals, editors, celebrity, Government, Achieve etc.
- Financials current and projections
- Summary of your business plan with separate excel sheet for 3 years
- Break up your costs into Capex and Opex and its components.
- Cover the unit economics i.e. how much revenue do you get per transaction / customer, how much does it cost you to service that customer/order.
- Funding needs, use of funds and proposed valuation
- Describe how much money you want to raise and what these funds will be used for
- Mention if there are other co-investors (or others who have already committed)
- Clearly indicate how long these funds will last and what you will be able to achieve with these funds
- Clearly mention if you are going to require follow on capita, and if so, how much and when.
- What is the valuation you are seeking for this round
- Current equity structure, fundraising history and investors
- Table of current equity holding (cap table)
- How much money have you invested
- Mention previous investment history including year, amount and investors.
- Exit options
How do you think the investors can exit? Explain
- Thank you